Subclass 489 visa for Registered Nurse
If your are a Registered Nurse and have positive skill assessment, then subclass 489 visa could be an option for you. If you have scored 65 points in your EOI but still have not received invitation, then this could be on of the better option. With this visa you will have to stay in Regional NSW for at least 2 years and should work fulltime in any occupation for at least 12 months. After that you my be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency.
Currently following regional areas are opened for Registered Nurses.
- Far South Coast
- Southern Inland
Following are the basic requirement that you will have to fulfill for subclass 489 visa.
- Evidence of processing fee payment ($770)
- Completed NSW Form R,
- Certified copy of appropriate skills assessment,
- Completed Form 956 (if using a Migration Agent),
- Skill Select EOI Number,
- Skill Select EOI Form,
- EOI Points Summary Form,
- Certified copy of IELTS (or equivalent) test results (test cannot be older than two (2) years),
- Current Resume/CV including contact details and addresses for employers,
- Certified copies of ALL educational qualifications and academic transcripts,
- Certified copy of passport details page (for applicant and dependents)
Before you apply for subclass 489 visa, you will have to receive nomination/approval from respective Regional Certifying Bodies (RCB) which will take around 4-8 weeks. So it will be better to prepare in advance.